Friday, August 8, 2008

Perfect

This picture is obviously not perfect. I'm not sure if it got overexposed or exactly what happened. What gets me is that this would have been an awesome shot if it had not been for the mysterious beam of light.
I was going through my archives and remembered that I never posted it because of the obvious abnormality. Way back when I tried fixing it with my editing software but nothing seemed to make it look any better/clearer. If you look at it closely though, it is still a great shot and truly captures Dennis' fighting spirit and fun personality.
For some reason I was looking at it closely today, and that's when I knew it was worth sharing after all. I think you will agree-- despite its imperfections... it is so Dennis.

I really miss him.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU DENNIS
every day
always

Kelli said...

He was so alive and so STRONG.
I miss him so much. I think about him through my days and through my nights. There's a deep sense of loss that I imagine I'll always feel. I just miss everything about him. I always will.
I love you Dennis.

Anonymous said...

Katie,

I think it is God's light shining down on Dennis showing how special of a person he really was/is.

Anonymous said...

When I look at the picture I see within the beam of light a candle, if you look close enough it looks like it starts the flame by his ear and the candle ends down by his watch.

Wow, I think the same God did shine his light on Dennis, he truly was a special person.

Kristin said...

Just as you titled this blogpost "PERFECT", i think he was as close as one can be too perfect.
I really wish I could of met him. Is is possible to miss someone you never met? I think so....

Anonymous said...

God was shining his light down on his angel that was soon to be with him. He truly was chosen!
I believe that He came himself to meet him that's why he was never afraid. He always had that sense of peace and I hope we can have some too! some day!! Love you, miss you Dennis, Rest in peace! ALWAYS Auntie Paula