Sunday, June 22, 2008

$ucce$$

Congratulations Team Hungry For Life!

I am pleased to announce that we have surpassed our $5K fundraising goal. I do not have an exact total yet-- as soon as I receive it from the NSMC WALK team it will be posted here.

I do want to give a special shout-out to the Tocco Family for raising the most money. They did an unbelievable job and single handedly raised over $1K!

Here's a pic of me and Lisa Tocco. Way to go!

Why was it so important to raise lots of money? Where is it going? Let me tell you!
Funds raised in 2008 will directly benefit the expansion and relocation of the NSMC Cancer Center to the Mass General/North Shore Center for Outpatient Care in Danvers, slated to open in 2009. The state-of-the-art facility will ensure continued access to comprehensive and coordinated medical, surgical and radiation oncology care in a compassionate, community-based environment right here - close to home.

No comments: