Thursday, February 14, 2008

♥ From Around the World

Less than a week ago, I installed a new widget on this site that I find extremely interesting. It performs analytical reports, meaning I can check on things like number of visitors, pages viewed/visit, average time spent on this site, percentage of new visits and traffic sources. It's an amazing tool and if any of you would like the name of the site, let me know. You can install it on any webpage.

Anyhow, it's no secret that Hungry For Life gets tons of traffic. I have always found this to be both impressive and awe-inspiring. I know Dennis has a lot of friends but it's crazy! Where are all these hits coming from?

Well another aspect of the analytical report includes a map of the world. It was only then I realized that Dennis has been sparking interest across the globe. Amazingly, we have gotten hits from the U.S. (of course), Spain, Egypt, Greece, Japan, the Netherlands, Germany and Slovenia. Within the U.S., the hits span from coast to coast. A total of 18 states-- and that's just within the past week!
I know that Dennis' story does hit close to home for many, many people. Who doesn't know someone who is fighting or has fought the battle? But it's more than that. It's Dennis. It's his face, his family and his story. My brother is truly incredible.

What I know is that this website has touched a lot of people. And that's no thanks to me. My job is easy. It's all of you out there (in this great big world) who have literally put this site on the map. It's the people who stop by, hopefully say hello, and read a little about Dennis. You've kept him alive. That to me is what is most special. I can completely feel the love. ♥ Happy Valentine's Day everyone.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I go to the web page everyday and usually just read all the great things about Dennis but I have to say that it is truley amazing the feedback that has come from this webpage and can't say enough how inspiring it is and how it has reflected on so many people.

Mark Natola

Anonymous said...

Thanks Katie!! For starting this website - your right - everyone keeps it going but, we wouldn't have this to go to if it weren't for you. You have made this SO special and wonderful that people WANT to visit it and see all the wonderful photos & memories of Dennis. You have done such a GREAT job!!!! Thanks!!! Thanks!!
Thanks!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!!!! Jodi & the girls - Dennis is with you even more today sending his love...

Love you all!!

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Katie,
Simply amazing. It is great to know that Dennis' battle was not in vein and that his story could comfort someone else who may be going through such a horrific ordeal themselves.
Dennis fought his battle for the most part silently. He never worried anyone or made a big deal out of just how scared he really was, except Jodi of course. I can't help but to think how great it would have been for him to find a website that had as much inspiration as this. Dennis had a way of easing everything he did and fighting heart cancer was no exception to the rule. I look back now and think about the past few years and it is still hard to believe that he was actually battling cancer most of the time. He was for the most part still so strong, fun, full of life and of course so handsome right up until he left us. I guess my view on cancer and how people dealt with it after their diagnosis was pretty different. I always thought if you had cancer you had to stop everything. A clear message for anyone who happens to read this after being diagnosed is that battling cancer does not mean you have to stop living. Dennis lived every second he had the BEST he could. Before cancer- during cancer- and in his final months.
He made the most of each day whether he felt great or not. Those of us who knew him can validate that it was true. I think this is why people were so drawn to him. His energy, excitement and lust for anything! His three children all have that same lets get up and go quality. Jodi has it too! I know today he is sending down the biggest hug for his 4 girls..He loved them so much.
Happy Valentines Day Dennis
We were such a great husband and father and you will be forever missed! I love you Janie x0x0

Anonymous said...

To Everyone, Happy Valentine's Day.

Katie you have done an outstanding job with the website, so many new features, so many great stories, so inspirational to everyone. I visit this website every day and I just love it, each new picture and every new story is as beautiful as the last. Keep up the good work, your Brother Dennis is smiling and sending you a whole lot of hugs and kisses to you today.

We miss you so much Dennis, Happy Valentine's Day to you.

We send our love always. Cousin Rhonda

Anonymous said...

We always knew D-Rich would be famous. He's loving this. Peace to the Rich Family. Gina-Beachmont

Kelli said...

Katie,
Very well said. Not surprising~Dennis wasn't your typical anything. He was special from the very beginning. We were so lucky to have him as the leader and big brother of our family. I think we'll always look to him as a big brother and know he'll guide us all.
I miss him every day, but today's a tough one. I didn't anticipate Valentine's Day being so hard. I'm thinking about Jodi and the kids without him and how much he'd love this day. He loved them so much and would love to have shown them and have a fun, special day.

Jodi, I hope you feel his love today. I really do and I hope the girls have a fun Valentine's Day. I know they'll be happy b/c they have the GREATEST mom ever!
I love you all so much!

Kelli

Anonymous said...

This site is quite impressive and like I wrote to Jodi just reading about how Dennis loved life so much makes some of us get up in the morning and appreciate every single day. I can definetely tell Adam had such a great cousin and they are together now. They are both truly missed. Have a great Valentine's Day Jodi, girls & family. <3

Anonymous said...

It is truly amazing that this web site has gone to such extremes but that just goes to show how special Dennis was and is, as he continues to touch so many lives. Katie you have done an incredible job with this site Dennis would have loved it. I know he is smiling down on you. Love Auntie Paula

Mom of 3 Boys said...

katie, this site is really such a nice dedication to your brother.

nice to read you like that 'spy software'. i like it too ;)