Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Note From Dr. Cho

The best part of my job is getting to see the strength of the human spirit at the most difficult times in people's lives. Of all the patients I've ever cared for, I can honestly say that Dennis' spirit was the biggest and brightest I've encountered. We had several conversations, and in each, his passion for life and family was the driving force. I don't believe that meeting him was a coincidence - I think he was supposed to teach me never to underestimate the power of a husband, father, brother and son - and it's a lesson I will carry with me. I only wish I'd had the opportunity to know him when he was well.
My thoughts continue to be with you and the rest of your family, and my door is always open if there's something that you need.

Josalyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Choo, Thank you for all your help while Dennis was in ICU and for your touching words about Dennis. Your compassion through this difficult time was amazing. I will never forget you and I also wish that you got to meet Dennis when he was well. He was just the best! I miss him more than any words could say. I think I always will. Jodi Rich