Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WALK Talk 2009


Hello Team Hungry For Life,

I know it seems really early to start thinking about the WALK this year, which falls on Father's Day (Sunday, June 21st)~ but it's only about 4 months away. I have already begun the beginning phases of planning and hope that this year we are even bigger~ walking proud again for D. Rich!

I just booked the Salem Knights of Columbus on Monday. It is the same hall that we had our after-party at last year. The good news is that I reserved it for 10:30 am, which means we will be walking earlier than last year (and with the masses!). I am thinking we should probably meet at 8 am, same time/same place. Last year we had about 100 walkers and I think we'll have an even bigger team this June, partly in thanks to our Facebook page and being able to spread the word more efficiently there.

Anyhow, just one more quick note regarding the fundraising aspect of the WALK. This year, there is a slight change with the registration part. It seems they are charging each individual who registers online to create their own fundraising page. (Last year, there was no charge.) The fee is $15 if you register now, and $20 after June 1st.
If you want to make your own page, feel free to do so. Lisa Tocco created her own page last year and singlehandedly raised over $1K. The benefit of creating your own page is that it may encourage your family/friends to donate.
If you don't want to make your own page, feel free to pass on the Team Hungry For Life page to your family/friends. It's entirely up to you. All donations (whether made through your personal page or through the HFL team page) will be counted towards the Team Hungry For Life goal of $10K, just make sure that if you do create your own fundraising page, you specify that you want to join Team Hungry For Life during the set-up.

As far as our goal of $10K, I figure that we raised over $7K last year~ there's no reason we shouldn't aim high!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me (bettslevine@metrocast.net).

Katie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Katie!

maddie07 said...

I am in ! I will register on line I also added it to my blog and FB page -I hope to raise more money than last year too! great pic by the way !Little Maddie is famous! Hope to have better looking legs this summer! Great job Katie and Erin for all your hard work planning this- I am happy to be a part of it and the "Rich" family for the day!
Alison